How to publish your website to the Internet for free...
Try it for free!
We include free trial publishing
with all of our Instant Publishers. Trial publishing is an opportunity to view and test your website online, without having to sign up for a hosting account. Your trial site will be available for viewing on the Internet for 24 hours.
To publish a trial site:
- Select "Try it for free" on the start page, and click Next...
- Enter your contact information...
- As soon as your trial site finishes publishing, we will send you an e-mail with a link to your trial site.
- Click Next...
- "Choose the type of web site that you wish to publish"...
- Publishing a site created with Web Studio software:
- Select this option if you have created a web site using Web Studio software.
- Publishing a site created with other software:
- Select this option if you have created a web using another web editor software.
- Click Next...
- "Choose the folder containing your web site files"...
- When you publish a new website, you upload your HTML documents and any supporting graphics files, such as .GIF or .JPG files, to the Web server where it is made available to anyone having access to the World Wide Web.
- In this page you need to specify the directory on your hard drive where the HTML documents, and any associated files, are that you want to publish. If you choose a directory that does not contain a valid Main Home Page, a warning appears. To create a valid Main Home Page, you must name your main HTML file as INDEX.HTM or INDEX.HTML, the internet standard names for a Main Home Page. You can define only one Main Home Page. If you have more than one file in your main directory named as a Main Home Page, a similar warning appears.
Specifying the location of your website files:
- The Directory field shows the location on your hard drive where will look for files that make up your new site. If this is not correct, click Browse to display the Open dialog box and select the drive and directory where your files are located.
- Note: ALL the files in the specified directory (and any of its sub-directories) will be uploaded to the Web server. Only place the HTML documents and any necessary graphics files in this directory and any of its sub-directories. This will avoid loading the server with unneeded files and possibly exceeding your allocated space on the server.
- Click Next... (Starts publishing trail site content)
- Once your trial site has finished uploading, you can view it online.
- To view your trial site, click the "View Site Now" button or check your e-mail for a link to the site.
- This site will be available for 24 hours, after which it will be removed unless you sign up for a hosting account.